The most important thing I’ve discovered RE: Learning Styles and productivity is that you need to offer several types of learning styles while attempting to reach someone. If you provide options, more people will have a chance to understand the message and therefore be able to be productive in getting the work done.
Learning styles and productivity are linked. People learn in different methods. It's your job a a supervisor to figure out how to get thru to them. I used to refer to this as filtering...not hearing everything you are telling them and therefore not being as productive. Now that I had this class...the filtering may just be the fact that their learning style did not pick up..what I was laying down? I will now incorporate diff learning styles into my meetings...if that does not work then we will commence with the beatings!!
Self awareness at all levels regarding people and an objective self awareness regarding your unit, division and department,,, prior to serving red cool-aid jello cups.
That they are linked. People are more productive when using their own learning styles to teach themselves as they go.
ReplyDeleteIf you have the self awareness of your learning styles or your employees do of their own, productivity should increase due to that self awareness.
ReplyDeleteI agree to both parts. I need to spend a little time and attempt to get a better understanding of my employee's learning styles.
DeleteEver thought of having the command staff do the Disc profile test? I believe it would assist our command staff a great deal.
DeleteThe most important thing I’ve discovered RE: Learning Styles and productivity is that you need to offer several types of learning styles while attempting to reach someone. If you provide options, more people will have a chance to understand the message and therefore be able to be productive in getting the work done.
ReplyDeleteWell said Rick!
DeleteLearning styles and productivity are linked. People learn in different methods. It's your job a a supervisor to figure out how to get thru to them. I used to refer to this as filtering...not hearing everything you are telling them and therefore not being as productive. Now that I had this class...the filtering may just be the fact that their learning style did not pick up..what I was laying down? I will now incorporate diff learning styles into my meetings...if that does not work then we will commence with the beatings!!
ReplyDeleteAnd you think I would be a slave driver?!
DeleteSelf awareness at all levels regarding people and an objective self awareness regarding your unit, division and department,,, prior to serving red cool-aid jello cups.
ReplyDeleteGreat points Dan. I think that you are right. If you know yourself and your department you can act much more efficient and effective.
ReplyDeleteThe difficult part is knowing we can do it more efficient and effective when everyone is on the same page and working together. Boy am I naive?
ReplyDelete