Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Week 8 - Question #2

2)  Data driven decisions making for my agency means. . . .

7 comments:

  1. Making large changes in the way that we do business. We will need to change our department philosophy to incorporate better data driven decisions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are an intelligent leader Bart, any ideas on how to do this at your department?

      Delete
    2. I agree and i know you have already started. I'm not sure exactly where you find the time to come up with all the ideas that you have but I know where to turn when I need an idea.

      Delete
  2. A standard way of doing business, whether it is the change from the FTO program to the problem solving, adult based learning focus PTO program, or the initial phases of incorporating predictive policing with our already established Crime Analysis ATAC software.

    ReplyDelete
  3. means using crime and traffic data to deploy resources in a manner that targets the problem. Ie... directed patrols on high crime nights in high crime locations in Flint. It means placing traffic patrols on the freeway during the morning and evening commutes and then again on I-75 on Friday evenings and Sunday afternoon when 2/3's of the states population is traveling up north and home via I-75.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would be something new for our department. We currently do not use a CAD system so we do not collect evidence to make our decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would depend on the perceived understanding that agency has of issues and how to use the data. Bart's understanding may be different than his leadership and each of our agencies may have diiferent understandings of a communitties issues. I see data usesd to support opposite sides of an issue from RX drugs to the FDA, but data should be the basis for good decisions.

    ReplyDelete