Monday, May 7, 2012

Week 7 - Question #3

3)       I could be more successful in Staff and Command at this point if…

15 comments:

  1. I gave a shit! hahahahahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, again sorry, my mind is on other things! Now really, I could be more successful in Staff and Command at this point if I provided more critical thought to my teammates on their assignments and presentations, which would require more time spent on critical thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why are you apologizing for your first comment ? We know you care and that there are several things more important ( three little ones).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have never taken a new position or had I known I was going to go to BAYANET, I would have nver signed up for this class. When I started this class I had every intention of giving 100% and not being distracted with work...as two other Lt's were available to carry the torch. With this new job I am now consumed with much more important things that I HAVE to deal with. We are neck deep in financial problems and other issues and as the face of BAYANET I am only there 50% of the time. I feel like I'm letting people down as they need a leader, not someone who is gone all the time. The timing is never right, but unfortunately this class has become an obstacle! I have another meeting this week and I will miss yet another day to work on Staff and Command (means more time spent at night and on weekends to complete everything). I will be gone yet again for two weeks in June, during the time that I need to be writing the 2013 Byrne Jag Grant. I'm looking for the madness to stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel for you Steve!! Had to not be present at yet another important meeting that my Deputy Inspector had to be at, causing me to feel like I am out of the loop with some important issues. Which is extremely difficult for me. Hoping the next few weeks go quickly.

      Delete
    2. I have lost 24 hours of annual leave, I'm maxed out and I can't take time off during this class and I need every second during the working weeks to be be at work so I can keep up with my job. It's 9pm still working and will be this weekend and will be watching a movie also.....fun, June 15th can't come soon enough!

      Delete
    3. Same here Maria. My LT. has to attend several meetings for me. He is not happy about it, and when the LT is not happy....it makes everyone not happy. I don't like that I am not able to do my job the way I normally do.

      Delete
  5. Unexpected events that are outside of anyone's control would stop occurring. I am lucky to have been placed in the best group for this Staff and Command Class. My team members have made all the difference with my success in this class to this point. Oh and given whats happening, I agree with Maria's first post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could be more successful in Staff and Command at this point if I had already obtained a PHD,if I would have stayed retired, if I had a strong desire to learn, if I had a private tutor, if there were cold refreshments at the MSP other than pop and water, and if there were more hours in a day.

    The class is designed to be filled with presure and we all understand that. But it shouldn't be designed so you have to work all night at home. As much as the breaks are appreciated, I don't look forward to coming back as much as I look forward to being done with this. I do however look forward to seeing my team. And I'm even more excited to an after class debrief next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree Bart, the priorities in life are more important, your wife won't remember Staff and Command class years down the road, but she will remember that you were there for her to support her. Just like my daughter, I feel bad that I may miss a breeze meeting or a class day next day but in the big scheme of things my kids are my world, not this class.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too feel I could be more successful in the class if life events could be put on hold for awhile and they were in the beginning. With that said, my team members have provided the inspiration and encouragement to realize this course is ending soon enough and we will all manage this together. I hope we can all make the time to get together afterwards at Rick's pool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I have a new speedo that I would like to sport at Ricks pool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me too Steve. But we need to invite Kim and tell him its like gym class. No suits allowed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I try not to take the material too serious,,,

    ReplyDelete