Monday, May 7, 2012

Week 7 - Question #2

2)       I am most frustrated in staff and command when…

13 comments:

  1. We have a big assignment to work on (i.e. grant assignement) and we are given another assignment that feels like busy work (i.e. movie assignment). Don't mind me just have alot going on this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria is spot on...now I have got to take three DAMN hours that I don't have to watch a movie...busy work! Blogs...blah, blah blah....busy work! Tim Freesmeyers 4 days of excel spreadhseet input...busy work! How about those people that are not tryng to work and attend Stff and Command, do the movie and the busy work...and those that are putting in 60+ hours don't have to do the busy work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get voted President.... I feel like the Staff and Demand course is set up to be confusing. I understand that life is confusing but everyone in this course, well almost everyone WWKMD, is completely competent and keeping people busy for the sake of being busy is just irritating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, I'm telling Kevin. Second I concur with the above answers. I am frustrated with everything that I don't understand, and that is about the entire class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also feel like with this movie presentation over our heads we won't do as good of a job on the grant project. As is I am up til the wee hours on project work let alone taking the time to watch a movie when I haven't seen it. I still think we should do it on Thor or the Avengers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I get frustrated when my team is frustrated which really is not that often. I think the Green Team are high acheivers and when they see a better more efficient way to accomplish a task it goes against their values. An examply is when the class spends four days on an excel spread sheet and we get four minutes to discuss the whole week seven project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spot on Dan......four days of excel spreadsheet and cram the grant crap down our throat in 4 minutes......makes no sense. I'm just drinking the cool aid......one more week from home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Folks lets back off the negativity. We are all high level critical thinkers that are being challenged to do things differently. I for one am going to embrace what is being taught and try to take something positive from it. What? I guess to set reasonable timelines for things to get done? Or to be clear with orders/directives? I'm still working on this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bart, yes I'm backing off the negativity. I too am going to embrace, actively engage, stand up to the challenge, search for the truth, grow with this opportunity for growth, gain knowledge, a vision for the future, aspire to lead from the front, find sanity, and yes it's saturday afternoon...still working on grant application and looking for "somthing postive",,,still looking.....still looking......yes, I have found it, I will be still working on this on Sunday....yes, something positive, I now have something to do tomorrow!!

      Delete
    2. you two make me want to vomit!

      Delete
  9. OK, Green Team we are into week eight and moving fast into week nine. We are moving on and moving up. Monday is a brand new week and another opportunity!

    ReplyDelete