Encourage them to participate in the group discussion by asking them what their thoughts/concerns/suggestions are. Also, on another note by making sure that nothing is wrong with them on a personal level.
Some people are just timid. I would asked them about how they feel about what is being discussed and prod them for input. If I suspect there is an issue, I would privately ask them if everything is ok. If everthing is ok, then I would tell them that I really don't want to be here anyway...but I'm not going to carry all the freight and then the beatings would start....and stop once they particapted!!
When a teammate is not contributing to the group’s discussions, I will ask them if they have anything to add to the conversation. I think there is a variety of individuals in this group and I think for the most part that everyone contributes. I know I didn't contribute much today and that was because I had no idea what the hell I was suppose to do. Bart and Maria had different issues in their personal lives that may of contributed to their contributions. We all have different things going on. I think if the problem was that someone was just being an a-- then maybe I would have to address it in a different manner. We don't have these problems on the Green Team.
I agree Rick, I don't believe that we have anybody on the Green team not participating. From the beginning I don't think any of us have had any difficulty expressing our opinions or providing input to the group or individuals.
I will ask open ended and general questions just to get the door open a little. I agree, the Green Team does not have issues with getting open and honest opinions on issues and that is a good thing. I attend many meetings where people are just attending and not contributing and the leader is not plugged in. I think, just send me an e-mail. This is information going one-way.
Green Team this is not an issue for us. It may be an issue for each of us in different meetings at our departments. As the dynamic of the group changes then the way that non-contributing member gets treated. Questions may be appropriate or a swift kick to the ass may be appropriate... different methods for different people.
Encourage them to participate in the group discussion by asking them what their thoughts/concerns/suggestions are. Also, on another note by making sure that nothing is wrong with them on a personal level.
ReplyDeleteSome people are just timid. I would asked them about how they feel about what is being discussed and prod them for input. If I suspect there is an issue, I would privately ask them if everything is ok. If everthing is ok, then I would tell them that I really don't want to be here anyway...but I'm not going to carry all the freight and then the beatings would start....and stop once they particapted!!
ReplyDeleteI find it beneficial to ask them questions. Once people get started talking they will be more likely to continue talking.
ReplyDeleteWhen a teammate is not contributing to the group’s discussions, I will ask them if they have anything to add to the conversation. I think there is a variety of individuals in this group and I think for the most part that everyone contributes. I know I didn't contribute much today and that was because I had no idea what the hell I was suppose to do. Bart and Maria had different issues in their personal lives that may of contributed to their contributions. We all have different things going on. I think if the problem was that someone was just being an a-- then maybe I would have to address it in a different manner. We don't have these problems on the Green Team.
ReplyDeleteI agree Rick, I don't believe that we have anybody on the Green team not participating. From the beginning I don't think any of us have had any difficulty expressing our opinions or providing input to the group or individuals.
ReplyDeleteI will ask open ended and general questions just to get the door open a little. I agree, the Green Team does not have issues with getting open and honest opinions on issues and that is a good thing. I attend many meetings where people are just attending and not contributing and the leader is not plugged in. I think, just send me an e-mail. This is information going one-way.
ReplyDeleteHey look Green Team, I just described myself in the meeting this morning! Ruff Week ,,Sorry
ReplyDeleteYes tough week......still at it 11pm.
DeleteNo apology needed, I think we all had that type of week!
DeleteGreen Team this is not an issue for us. It may be an issue for each of us in different meetings at our departments. As the dynamic of the group changes then the way that non-contributing member gets treated. Questions may be appropriate or a swift kick to the ass may be appropriate... different methods for different people.
ReplyDelete