I have never written a grant nor I have I ever been involved in the process. Our department has a full time sworn grant writer that does all of the research and work that goes into writing a grant. Positives about the upcoming Week 7 grant problem, I will learn to write a grant, negatives, honestly wish I was learning about something that would encompass my responsibilities more.
Understanding the grant process....Don't know, never applied for a grant and don't know anything about. But you can bet I'm going to listen very closely tomorrow...as in my new job i have to write for three grants EVERY year. 1. HIDTA grant ($50,000), 2. Byrne -Jag grant $300,000 and Tribal Grant 2% money - $300,000 a year, and do quartely reports on all to justify expenses...so ask me this question next week!
Understanding the grant process . . .- I have very little understanding of the grant process but I'm sure in the next couple of weeks the will change (ever so slightly ?) . I know there are several rules that are usually attached and that your grant may be revoked if the rules are not followed (other than in Flint). Bart has given me a little insight on a joint venture in obtaining a grant and I'm going to discuss this direction with my chief prior to applying for my grant.
I don't understand the grant process, therefore I am looking forward to learning about it in upcoming weeks.
ReplyDeleteBart, are you sure you don't have yours done already??? :)
DeleteI am sure.... I know what I am going to do, but the only exposure that I have is a training course, where the whole grant process was not completed.
DeleteNow that we have completed the grant training portion (1.5 hours), I know you have a full understanding of how to do it.
DeleteI know I do.
I have never written a grant nor I have I ever been involved in the process. Our department has a full time sworn grant writer that does all of the research and work that goes into writing a grant. Positives about the upcoming Week 7 grant problem, I will learn to write a grant, negatives, honestly wish I was learning about something that would encompass my responsibilities more.
ReplyDeletelike an excel sheet??
DeleteExactly!
DeleteUnderstanding the grant process....HELPS?
ReplyDeleteI hope so, because weren't you and Bart supposed to help the rest of us?!
DeleteWhy hasn't Steve been on here team?
ReplyDeleteI'm here now at 10:15p at night......
Deleterick?
ReplyDeleteI'm here- I just wanted the rest of my team to have an opportunity to express themselves first.
Deleteso kind..
DeleteThanks rick!
DeleteUnderstanding the grant process....Don't know, never applied for a grant and don't know anything about. But you can bet I'm going to listen very closely tomorrow...as in my new job i have to write for three grants EVERY year. 1. HIDTA grant ($50,000), 2. Byrne -Jag grant $300,000 and Tribal Grant 2% money - $300,000 a year, and do quartely reports on all to justify expenses...so ask me this question next week!
ReplyDeleteUnderstanding the grant process . . .- I have very little understanding of the grant process but I'm sure in the next couple of weeks the will change (ever so slightly ?) . I know there are several rules that are usually attached and that your grant may be revoked if the rules are not followed (other than in Flint). Bart has given me a little insight on a joint venture in obtaining a grant and I'm going to discuss this direction with my chief prior to applying for my grant.
ReplyDeleteWeek 7, should be interesting as we all pick different projects. I think we can all help one another with the format and form.
ReplyDelete