Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Week 4 - Question #2



2)       The most difficult part of getting constructive feedback from my facilitator or teammates is…
The next time a teammate gives constructive feedback, I will…

10 comments:

  1. Developing a relationship that allows each other to be open and comfortible whereas one can give feedback that will improve performance with mutual understanding and respect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. being honest may be the most difficult part of giving feedback. While developing our relationships I think we are aware of each others feelings and sometimes we may try to protect the feelings of another.

      Delete
    2. Good point Rick, I think most of the time our Emotional Intelligence involvement of empathy takes over and we don't want to hurt others, no matter how small the issue.

      Delete
    3. Are you trying to tell me that there are a couple of small issues that need to be discussed ?

      Delete
    4. Nah, come on I would tell you, I'm a "D" remember...?

      Delete
  2. When they are mean.. Actually the toughest part is when the feedback is something that I know that I do, and that I have been working on to stop. Its hard on me, but not getting the information from the other person. Like Dan, I feel as though a free flow of information back and forth forms cohesion and respect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The next time a team a team member gives me feedback, I will listen to it, reflect, ask a suggestion on how to improve, and thank them for their frank and honest opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giving feedback is a skill that takes practice. When done in the right way and with the right intentions, feedback communication is the avenue to helping teammates achieve greatness. Feedback has to be delivered carefully and frequently. The difficulty in getting feedback is that people don"t want to offend you.

    The next time a teammate gives me constructive criticism I will listen with BOTH ears, and thank them and encourage them to continue to give feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The most difficult part of getting critical feedback is making sure to take advantage of the feeback and use it to make yourself better.

    The next time a team member gives me critical feedback I will first and foremost thank them for the feedback and next time that I can take advantage and use this information I will.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the most difficult part of getting feedback from my teammates or facilitator is using what they give me and then putting in to use. So far my feedback has been useful and I am working on the changes.

    ReplyDelete