...is a loyal advisor, teacher, and supporter, in my case a mentor could be considered our Deputy Chief who has been an influential advocate for me with my position as Inspector. He has done many internal investigations, been involved in the recruiting process, and involved in our training division prior to becoming DC, all of which are now my responsibilies. He has instructed me on several issues and has been an invaluable source of guidance.
Due to time constraints, I would like to reuse my answer from week 2.
A Mentor is someone who is there to help someone out with their problems. The mentor is usually going to be looked upon by the subject as someone who has great knowledge and or wisdom in certain areas. A mentor should be showing someone how to head in the right direction and give guidance to provide the right choices.
I would like to invoke my... Kim Lawrence said "I don't have to answer this question - card." If you really want to know my answer go back to the week 2 question where I answered this already!
Now if not answering reflects poorly on my rubric evaluation, let me know and I will cut and paste it in here...
A Mentor is a leader who is building an effective team by helping others help the team/leader.
ReplyDeletemen·tor [men-tawr, -ter]
ReplyDeletenoun
1.
a wise and trusted counselor or teacher.
2.
an influential senior sponsor or supporter.
This and a sounding board for ideas,questions, and guidance.
...is a loyal advisor, teacher, and supporter, in my case a mentor could be considered our Deputy Chief who has been an influential advocate for me with my position as Inspector. He has done many internal investigations, been involved in the recruiting process, and involved in our training division prior to becoming DC, all of which are now my responsibilies. He has instructed me on several issues and has been an invaluable source of guidance.
ReplyDeleteDue to time constraints, I would like to reuse my answer from week 2.
ReplyDeleteA Mentor is someone who is there to help someone out with their problems. The mentor is usually going to be looked upon by the subject as someone who has great knowledge and or wisdom in certain areas. A mentor should be showing someone how to head in the right direction and give guidance to provide the right choices.
I would like to invoke my... Kim Lawrence said "I don't have to answer this question - card." If you really want to know my answer go back to the week 2 question where I answered this already!
ReplyDeleteNow if not answering reflects poorly on my rubric evaluation, let me know and I will cut and paste it in here...
No worries Steve, I think those above you posted their answers prior to Kim's email coming out. It's all good!
Delete