Monday, February 6, 2012

Week #2 - Question 2

2. My team’s weakest area is . . .

15 comments:

  1. It is hard to asses it at this point, but one thing that I can see being a problem is trying to carry on more than one conversation at a time. There might be two really good ideas floating around, but only one might make it to everyone. Someone might also spark a great idea from someone else's statement, but only if they can hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably lies with one of our team members (name withheld) who does not know how to spell assess. Just kidding Bart, just sounded funny!!!!
    Real Answer: Our limited knowledge of computer technology, whereupon we have to rely on Bart, who may feel the effects of this by the end of this 10 week course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your critical assessment of my spelling... I just read it again and laughed at myself!

      (hopefully I spelt all of dis corectumly)

      Delete
    2. Bart has been a huge help this week and last with his techno skills. thanks Bart.

      Delete
  3. I agree with Maria, for me as well as others in our group we are putting added stress onto Bart. I know I am about as technically challenged as you can find. I hope to ease Bart’s pain before we get to the ten week mark. Also as far as spelling being a weakness, I can guarantee that I am very challenged in this area too. I rely upon my technical skills to hit the spell check button to get me through this problem. Can someone advise if there is spell check for the blog? I couldn’t find it. I don’t want Maria to call me out on the blog for my spelling errors !
    I think it's going to take some time to become more comfortable with the workings of the computer and everything it has to make my job easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rick, I can't find a spell check for the blog, however, as your team member I will be more than willing to assist you with any spelling issues you may encounter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would agree with Bart. It's hard to assess (Sp???) all the weaknesses right now, but for starters....(me) and some others, I think the biggest issue is our lack of computer skills!!! (Bart you are going to be tired of me...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot say what weaknesses the team has at this point.I is too early for me to say. I see everyone trying to do thier best and be a good tean member at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It might also be spelling... just saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Your right Bart, this is a weakness. I will work harder on this over the next ten weeks too. I actually intended to ease into many of my weaknesses over the weeks in order assist me with blogging topics. However, I see this may not be an option with some critical thinking. What do you think about typing it on a word doc and then paste it on the team blog?

      Delete
  8. Dan you’re right. I have been using word to do my blogs and then cutting and pasting . Works great! As long as I hit spell check?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m already thinking that we have to look for another weakness. Our technology skills are improving at a rate near the speed of light, ok maybe a candle. Our great brainstorming idea to type in word, hit spell check and then cut and paste is using technology skills once again. Some may not need to do this, but I find it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, one spelling comment and you guys think it is a weakness? From the bottom of my heart I apologize Bart! :) As far as our team I think so far we have used all of our strengths together to promote a strong team with a good foundation. I think everyone did a great job in week 2, and I for one am proud of the green team accomplishments so far!

    ReplyDelete
  11. To continue on Maria's thought, relating to weaknesses and critical thinking. Keeping in mind that the comments on this thread have been along the lines of adding humor to reduce stress,,, I see huge issues these days because we are so connected that some commanders over react to very minor issues and miss the larger more important issues of mentoring, training, teaching or what ever it is to PREVENT a simliar future incident. Let's say commander A is reading an escape report and reacts to minor grammer issues and sends out another Sgt. group e-mail perceived to be another you cannot do anything right comment. Well, the chance to reinforce what went well and comment on what can be done better is lost. Point being, finding a balance and looking at the bigger picture is very important and when a department has real major incidents it gets clearer. So, with that said, please do not get too anal on these threads, look more at the learning portion. Hopefully, our course leaders will agree or I my foot is in mouth again.

    ReplyDelete