Monday, February 6, 2012

Week #2 - Question 1

1. The role of the team meeting facilitator . . .

13 comments:

  1. Is important to determine what course the meeting will take, what the parameters of the meeting are, and keeping everyone focused on achieving the goal of the meeting. The facilitator is a tough job to have, but can be very fulfilling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To follow the agenda which maximizes the quality of the meeting and minimizes the time spent, making sure all team members focus on the task at hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great job in todays meeting...keeping on task..

      Delete
    2. Thanks Steve, sorry again for all the confusion!

      Delete
  3. I believe the role of the team meeting facilitator is to keep everything in check. Compile a list of the things that are needed for the team to have a sucessful week. He/She must know the majority of the things that need to be accomplished and the things that he/she doesn't know they will rely upon their teammates to fill in the blanks .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like the words agenda, course, or goals needing to be discussed. A guiding hand to help nudge the discussion back to the subject matter in a way not to prevent creative thoughts and promote a spirit of accomplishing a group goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nudge is a good word, but I think that we have all been in a meeting or two that need a sledge hammer to get it back on the right course! You can do wonders with a gentle hand, but sometimes you need to use a fist.

      Delete
  5. The facilitator is like the captain of the ship. It takes a lot of ship mates to keep the ship going, but the captain keeps it on course. The captain (facilitator) listens to all points, encourages creative input, keeps the team focused, all while keeping an eye on the nautical course(agenda.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the captain of the ship analogy too. I sail, and a lot of things can go wrong on a boat when people are not working together.

      Delete
  6. was shown in today's teem meeting. Great job Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Bart. Today’s meeting went really good. I think we could have stayed on one topic for a long time but Maria kept it on track. Good Job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you all, the meeting today (Friday) went well with everyone bringing something to the table. One thing I did notice is how everyone understands all the rolls we play. In other words, I noticed everyone helping with time, leader and scribe issues if someone was caught up in the critical thinking portion. At times, I see a lot of competition in our staff meetings between shifts, units, divisions.. Hey, those DISC awareness skills could help?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks guys, I also thought today went well, but only because we like Dan said we worked very well as a group with everyone picking up with something that may have been missed otherwise. We could have became very confused with the technical difficulties but thanks to the team effort we were able to continue and have a great meeting!

    ReplyDelete